The Creative Curriculum focuses on several objectives for development and learning. It incorporates a balance of small group, large group and independent learning experiences that center around the child. Read below to learn more about the goals that our educational experiences expose your children to.
● Using scientific inquiry skills
● Demonstrating knowledge of the characteristics of living things and earth’s environment
● Noticing rhyme, alliteration, naming letters and letter sounds
● Appreciating books, responding to texts, retelling stories
● Writing name
● Using number concepts and operations (counting, quantifying)
● Exploring and describing spatial relationships and shapes
● Comparing, measuring, recognizing patterns
● Exploring visual art, musical concepts, dance and drama
● Showing basic understanding about self, people and how they live
● Exploring change related to familiar people or places
● Demonstrating simple geographic knowledge
● Demonstrating traveling skills, balancing skills
● Fine motor (small muscle) skills with drawing/writing tools
● Gross motor (large muscle) skills
Source: © 2010 Teaching Strategies, LLC • TeachingStrategies.com
What do parents think about our center and teachers?
Rising Sun teachers brought my child out of her shell. She used to be withdrawn around children and adults. She learned to become more people oriented.
I would recommend Rising Sun Children's Center 1000%! My children come home and tell me something new every day. I can tell that they're learning.
Rising Sun provides a good education for my child. Before Rising Sun, my child wouldn't eat, talk, or use the bathroom independently. Now she does everything.
The school is very welcoming to all cultures and ethnicities. The staff comes together for the common goal of providing kids with fun education.
My children have started to read and write. They have better sense of the basics like shapes, colors, letters patterns, etc.